Why would I transfer my pension (or multiple pensions) to a new provider?
- You have a pension with a previous employer which you want to take control of
- You want to reduce management fees and charges
- Your current pension provider doesn’t offer the type of pension you want
- You want to get access to different fund choices (including ESG funds)
- You want improved fund performance from companies with a strong track history
- You want to combine multiple pensions to simplify your retirement planning
- Your pension is overseas and you want to bring it home to Ireland
Multiple pensions from different providers
You may have worked in various jobs with their own pension schemes. You can consolidate these pensions into a new pension to simplify your retirement planning.
This can often result in:
- Reduced fees and charges
- More fund options (such as Tech funds, Property funds, ESG funds etc)
- A larger tax free lump sum
- Access to the pension benefits earlier (from age 50 rather than 65-68)
How do I get started?
- Have a chat with an Irish Pensions advisor – call (01)8570655, fill in the form below to arrange a call, or start a conversation using our Online Chat (click the icon on the bottom right of the screen).
- The advisor will ask you some simple questions to identify your circumstances & will get your permission to gather the relevant information from your current providers.
- They will provide you with a straight forward summary comparing what you have and what the alternatives are.
- If it all makes sense, they’ll help you complete the paperwork and will sort out the transfer for you.