When was the last time you reviewed your pension?
If like most people, the answer is ‘never’ or not for years, you need to review it now.
Irish Pensions believe that all clients should review their finances at least once per year and this includes your pension arrangements.
The main reasons for reviewing your pension are:
- To avoid any shortfalls at retirement & to see if your funds performing at the right level
- To make sure your funds are not being eroded by high charges and unnecessary fees
- To make sure your investment funds match your appetite for risk and return
- To ensure that you are on target to reach your retirement income goals
As we get closer to retirement our fundamental attitudes change to many areas in our lives – for example you can be more risk adverse, or you have finally paid off your mortgage and can invest more in your pension.
Maximum tax relief ceilings increase as you get older, so if you have a pension for a number of years, you may be able to increase your contributions and claim more tax relief than you currently claim.
So no matter where you are on the life cycle i.e. starting a new job or retiring, it is important that you and your Advisor regularly review the most important areas in your financial life.
The next step:
We will ask you to complete a Letter of Authority, which will enable our team to get up to date information on your pension fund. (It doesn’t allow us to make any changes to your pension – it just gives your pension provider permission to give us the relevant information so we can help you).
- Call us on (01)8570655
- Click here to arrange a chat with an advisor or
- Click on the Online Chat icon at the bottom right of the screen to start a conversation.